Terry Mason's Family History Site

Major lines: Allen, Beck, Borden, Buck, Burden, Carpenter, Carper, Cobb, Cook, Cornell, Cowan, Daffron, Davis, Downing, Faubion, Fauntleroy, Fenter, Fishback, Foulks, Gray, Harris, Heimbach, Henn, Holland, Holtzclaw, Jackson, Jameson, Johnson, Jones, King, Lewis, Mason, Massengill, McAnnally, Moore, Morgan, Overstreet, Price, Peck, Rice, Richardson, Rogers, Samuel, Smith, Taylor, Thomas, Wade, Warren, Weeks, Webb, Wodell, Yeiser.


Selected Families and Individuals


Reed Cox

DESCENDANTS: Information sent to T.Mason on 5Oct2001 by Jerry Cox on descendants and updated on 11 Sep 2003.

Owned land and a water-powered mill in Jeff Co TN. Was a Methodist.

MARRIAGE: bond: Know all men by these presents that we Reed Cocks of (?)Williston Talbott are held and firmly bound unto John Sevier Governor and his succesors in office in the sum of Twelve hundred fifty Dollars to be void on condition there be no cause to obstruct the marriage of the said Reed Cocks with Mary Carper. Witness our hand on this 27th Day of April Ad 1805. Gent. James Sproul. Reed Cox [Seal]. Williston Talbott [Seal].

The following story about REED COX was researched and written by Jerry Cox.

It was a warm, late spring morning in about 1979 when dad showed up at my house. He said: his grandmother (Sarah Pulliam) said his Grandfather (Jacob H. Cox) came to this country in a covered wagon and helped build a Methodist Church, which was named Shiloh. You and me are going to find that church and talk to the members about our family history. I don't ever remember saying no to dad, so as we drove along he continued; Sarah said Shiloh is near Williamsville MO. I have learned of a man there who is a Mason. I am a Mason, so he will direct us to Shiloh or otherwise help us. The man said the church no longer existed but the cemetery did, and directed us there. We arrived and looked at all the old stones but found no Coxes. There was a residence north of the cemetery where we visited with the lady of the house. She said there is a written history of the church and some Coxes are mentioned, so she directed us to Matt Walton who owned a copy of the church history.

Matt welcomed us and produced his copy of "Shiloh, The Mother of Preachers", from which I read aloud. The article listed several preachers, including Jacob H. Cox, my g-grandfather, who had been nurtured by the church. As I read of the activities of Reed Cox and Dudley Cox, dad interrupted saying "yes, my Uncle Reed---yes, my Uncle Dudley". I exclaimed, Dad you don't know this Reed or this Dudley, they lived in 1840. Of course Dad knew Jacob's sons, Reed and Dudley as uncles, but who were Reed and Dudley who lived 140 years ago?

One of our first questions was who were Jacob's parents. John Eudaley said he subscribed to the "St Louis Christian Advocate", so we looked there for family obituaries and found some. We gathered information from courthouses at Doniphan MO, Poplar Bluff MO and Dandridge TN. From Libraries at Poplar Bluff, Tennessee State Library, and St Louis Public Library, From the census, from graveyards, from old family members like Clem Cox, (Clem-Dr. Ferguson Cox-Reed Cox-Jacob) and Sam and Ethel Pulliam (Ethel Cox-Elliot-Jacob), and others.

Ethel and Sam said no one knows who Jacob's parents are, but contemporary with Jacob was an older Cox named Dudley, maybe he was Jacob's father. Ethel said Jacob's mother was named Mary. Sam's excellent inference is wrong. We searched for Dudley and found Dudley C., but we think Dudley C is Jacob's older brother. Jacob's father is Reed, mentioned in "Shiloh, Mother of Preachers".

Here is how we made the connection. The Mother of Preachers states that Orlena, wife of John Eudaly, was Jacob's sister. An obituary, (see St Louis Christian Advocate), for Mary (Cooper) Cox states that she died at the home of her son-in-law John Eudaly, and that she married Mr. Cox on 27 Ap, 1805. Therefore this lady is Jacob's mother. (Ethel said Jacob's mother is named Mary) We sent a letter to Dandridge TN asking whom Mary Cooper married on that date. By return mail we received a marriage record and a marriage bond for Reed Cox and Mary Carper.
Jefferson Co Court records (May term 1830) give Reed's age as 45, so Reed was born about 1785. Also Reed's older brother, William, was born in 1782, so Reed born about two years later would be reasonable. William, Reed's father, may have been married three times. Family tradition holds that he first married the sister of his second wife Mary Stone, then later married Mary. William's last wife was Mary Neal. So the mother of Reed is in doubt.
William Sr wrote his will Dec 19, 1804, and left much land to Reed. Reed also inherited other 'property' such as: "Item 7th, I give unto my son Reed one Negro boy named Tom, one sorrel mare and colt and one bed and furniture".

On Apr 27, 1805 Reed signed a marriage bond agreeing to marry Mary Carper or pay Governor John Sever $1250. Mary and Reed obtained their marriage licenses on that same date and that would be the only marriage for both of them. This bond probably shows Reed's own handwriting, because of difference in spelling and handwriting among Reed's signature, the scribe's handwriting and the witness' signature.

In 1809 Dudley Cox, Reed's brother, began constructing a mill. The construction was finished in 1810. For nine to twelve months Dudley and about ten of his hands, who were occupied in building the mill, lived at Reed's house. Reed brought a sow, some sholts, and four to six barrows to dudley's mill, which were slaughtered for the use of the hands. Dudley used Reed's cart and oxen to assist in the constructing of his mill. During this time Mary "and a negro woman (did) cooking and waiting on the hands".

Sometime about 1810 Reed bought property and lived near Huntsville in Mississippi Territory, also referred to as Ditto's Landing in Madison Co Alabama. Reed was on the Madison Co tax list in 1815 and 1816. While living there, (probably 1812. see 1850 census for Ripley Co Mo), Mary may have given birth to their son Dudley C and their daughter Sarah.

In 1810 or 1811 Reed tied his boat at Dudley's landing. Dudley sold Reed's boat for a horse and "put the horse to his own use."

Dudley signed his will 21 Jan 1812, which began like this - "In the name of God amen - I Dudley Cox of the county of Jefferson and the state of Tennessee considering the uncertainty of this mortal life, and being of sound mind and memory, blessed be almighty God for the same, do make and publish this my last will and testament ---". He left all his property to his daughters, Betsy (Nancy), Polly (Elizabeth), and Darkiss (Dorcus). He also left $20 to his daughter Leah. He named his brother William one of his executors.

Dudley was treated for a malady called 'mesiaion', but probably died in early 1813. On Mar 8, 1813 William Cox reported to the court the book accounts due the estate of Dudley Cox decd. The total owed Dudley "some doubtful but good or bad" was about $3000. Some of the debtors were Abner Frasher bad $9.83; Reed Cox good $63.30; James Russell old $10.25; Robert Massingile balance on a boat load of corn bacon $266.92; George Calbert a half breed Chickasaw $70; $1.75 Calik Russenote for 100 gallons of whiskey doubtful has no property; $35.00 Ephrium Primore doubtful he lives in the Cherokee Nation. Reed collected at least one of the debts owed Dudley as follows: "collected of John Lowery half Cherokee by the hand of Reed Cox $28.50".

Among the debts paid out of the estate of Dudley were, coffin $8 and undertaker $13.75.
Reed served in the War of 1812. He enlisted in Capt Thomas Mann's Company of Mounted Volunteer Infantry East Tennessee Militia on 12 Oct 1813. He served in Colonel Samuel Bunch's Regiment. Reed's pay was $8/mo for 3 months and $.40/day allowance for his horse. Total for 3 months $61.20. The brigade of General James White, which included those enlistees, attacked a Hillabee village, a tribe of the Creeks. Unbeknown to Gen White the Hillabee's were trying to negotiate an agreement where they would surrender without a fight. The attack was described as a massacre, not a battle. Gen White reported that "we lost not a drop of blood". The attack led to a strong resistance by the Hillibees that lasted the remainder of the war. On the return trip from the attack, in late Nov 1813, the brigade passed through Fort Armstrong on Cherokee land. The Cherokees claimed that their livestock was "wantonly destroyed for sport" by the soldiers. Reed was marked present in Knoxville on 12 Jan 1814 on the Company Muster Roll, the day he was discharged.

About October 1814 Reed claimed ownership of 101 acres of land on the west side of Mossy Creek, which had been devised to the heirs of Dudley Cox. Reed climbed he bought the land, then sold it to Dudley before Dudley's death. Reed claimed Dudley agreed to pay him for the land in floor and whiskey to be delivered to Ditto's Landing. During the suit (see below) Reed produced a witness who testifed that he had heard Reed tell James McCampbell that Dudley owed him a balance of money. But Reed claimed Dudley never paid this debt. And he further claimed he was unable to collect what was owed him from the estate of Dudley.

On Mar 1, 1815 Reed signed an agreement with Sims, who was the renter of the land, that rent would be paid to Reed and Sims would not give up possession of the house or land to anyone other than Reed. Later Reed sold the property to his brother William.
Benjamim Neal, guardian of the daughters of Dudley Cox decd, Betsy, Polly, and Darkey Cox, sued Reed and William. Neal claimed Dudley used Reed as an agent to buy the land for him (Dudley) therefore, Reed never owned the land. This suit ended up in the Tennessee Supreme Court at Knoxville. After reviewing the law, the depositions, and the questions and answers the court ruled in favor of Neal. Also the court had this to say, "This case has an unpleasant aspect; to say no worse of it; to see two surviving brothers combining to defraud the orphan children of a deceased brother, is an affecting sight, inasmuch as it not only indicates a want of honesty, but likewise a want of the common feelings of humanity..."
In his answers to questions, Reed said he did not act as agent for Dudley and contended that no judgement could be brought against him because the proof that he had acted as agent required a written agreement and none existed. Robert Massinggile, in his deposition, said he had knowledge that Dudley Cox was to pay Reed Cox for the land in floor and wiskey delivered to Ditto's Landing, at Reed's house in Madison County Alabama. The court disallowed this defense. However, a later case, too late to help Reed, would overrule that opinion, so today no judgement would be brought against Reed.

Reed must have felt strongly about his legal as well as his moral position, because he continued his appeals and suits until 13 July 1832 when the husbands of Betsy, Polly, and Darkey paid Reed $410. Reed agreed to drop all his suits pending and gave up all claims to the 101 acres. The dispute had lasted about 18 years. (Jefferson Co Deeds vol. I or L. p13)
In 1825 Rebecca Housley charged Jacob Dick with fathering her child. Robert Housley, Jacob Dick, and Reed Cox signed a $500 maintenance bond. (Jeff Co court minutes, 1824 -1831, 17)
In 1830 Reed's household consisted of 1m&1f age 40-50, 1m&1f age 20-30, 1m&1f age15-20, 1f age 10-15, 1m age 5-10, 2m&1f age under 5. 1f slave. Mary was 43. Reed was about 45. Hester Ann had married in 1826. Sarah married in 1828. Dudley C was about 18. Orlena was 15. Jacob was 4. James was born in Jan 1830. There is 1 male and 1 female age 20-30 (could a married son or daughter and spouse be living with Mary and Reed?), one female age10-15, one male age 5-10, and one female under age 5 all unaccounted for.

On 23 Ap 1808 a judgement, (result of a suit), for $171.002/3 was rendered against Jacob Carper, Mary's father. By and by on 22 Dec 1815 Deputy Sheriff Parry Talbot seized a Negro woman named 'Suck or Sucky' who was the property of Jacob Carper. Then on 16 Mar 1816 Talbot stated: "...said negro would be sold to satisfy the said judgement - did set up said girl or negro woman, when and where Reed Cox bid for the said girl twelve dollars and fifty cents and he being the highest bid and last bidder for the same. The said Talbot then and there struck off the said girl to Reed Cox". (Jeff Co deeds, vol. N, p231) The Methodist Church grew out of John Wesley's efforts to convert sinners, mostly common people, and bring them into the Church of England. Before Wesley the church served mostly the elite. "Wesley felt the love of Christ constraining him to save sinners...". He traveled the country side on horse back seeking converts to the church.

In America these concepts developed by Westly, motivated Methodist preachers, called circuit riders, to ride horseback into the wilderness where they worked to save people's souls. These preachers worked without salaries, preaching in the cabins of the pioneers, in brush arbors, or anywhere people would listen. They would climb upon a stump or a wagon tongue or anyplace handy and preach for hours without notes, quoting the Bible from memory. They preached very passionate sermons, designed to literally "scare the hell" out of people. They held the bible in hand, pointed to it and pounded on it for emphasis. When they could they paced from side to side. R.S. Duncan in his history of the Baptist described them this way: "Would to God I could paint for you a picture of those pioneer preachers. I heard them when their appeals fell like fire from above - red hot - from a heart anxious for the glory of the lord." Rev. W. Caple in his sermons described "the tongues of fire bursting from cracks of hell". Rev Jacob Lanius "the terrible shrieks of the doomed whose bodies were eaten by the worm that never dies...lost souls crying out for water as the smoke of their torment ascended to the skies and their screams echoed and re-echoed in the awful caverns of hell." Rev. Caple: "Come! Sinners come! It is not too late. You are not dead yet, thank God! Come! God calls you! Fly! Death is on your track. Your steps take hold on hell. The pointed lighting shaft quivers at your breast. COME TO CHRIST! COME NOW! And converts came - crying and praying for their souls. Mary joined the Methodist Church in 1815.

Converts to religion experienced change in inner feeling and outward conduct. They were changed for the better. They became decent people, kind and considerate; hearts and minds open to other's needs and wants. Family and neighbors would note a change for the better. Christian families prayed when they awoke in the morning and at each meal and at bedtime. The Obituaries for the children of Mary and Reed describe them as pious parents.
Upon visiting a community the circuit rider preached and accepted converts into the church. Before he continued on his circuit he organized new converts into a class. He chose a class leader from among them. The class met once a week in the home of a member. They sat in chairs arranged in a circle. A hymn was sung. A prayer was said asking God's blessing and guidance on the meeting. The leader read a passage from the Bible, then commented on his reading. The members gave testimony on how their spiritual life was progressing. Leaders asked questions of the members designed to bring about self-evaluation. The aim was for church members to develop into good citizens and good human beings. For example, if a husband showed unhappiness, the wife would get questions designed to bring about a self-review of her behavior as to its possible cause of the unhappiness. The class evolved into the present day practice of Sunday school.

The Knoxville, Feb 24, 1827, edition of "The Messenger for the Holston Conference" reported that the winter of 1827 "has been extreamly cold; and the people have been hindered from attending places of devine worship, and too many places, for want of stoves in meeting houses, or confortable places for devine services. Upon the whole, however, we have good congragations, and are looking for seasons of refreshing from the devine presents."
On Sept 1, 1827 the "Messenger" reported a camp-meeting at Sulpher Springs (see below fo more on this camp-ground) on the "16th to 21st inst. which proved a signal blessing to many souls. The aged pilgram was enabled to rejoice in his God, and triumpth in hope of endless glory - The babe in christ was fed with the sincere milk of the word, and and strengthened in the Lord of Hosts. Not less than fifty poor sinners, it is believed, were born into the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, and filled with the rich consolations of saving grace -- Many hard-hearted sinners were softened and rationaly instructed.The congragations were large, and generally disposed to be seriously attentive to the preaching of the word, and the exercises of the meeting. Seventy persons were added to the Methodist Episcopal Church, as probationers; and many of them, it is believed, promise fair to be usefull members of society. The meeting is though to have been one amoung the most useful that was ever held at the place.

On Sulpher Springs Circuit, there has been a good work advancing for some time. Near three hundred persons have been added to the Church, since the last Conference. May the glories of the Lord be diplayed from the rising of the sun, to the going down of the same!"
On Sept 22,1827 the "Messenger" reported "There was a camp-meeting held near Dandridge, Tennessee, commencinfg on the 6th inst. and ending on the 11th, which was attended with considable displays of devine grace; though not such as we have witnessed at most of our Camp-meetings - Nineteen persons were added to the church; and the people of God enjoyed a refreshing season from his glorious presents.

Camp-meeting at Mossey Creek - This is a new camp-ground, erected near New Market, in Jefferson county Tennessee. An extra camp-meeting was held here, commencing on the 30th and ending on the 4th inst. Here considerable good was effected, also, in the conversion of precious souls, and the building up of God's children in their "most holy faith." Sixteen persons were taken as probationers in the Church.

John Eudaly wrote that he and Orlena were married 18 Sept 1832 and ten days later attended a camp meeting at Old Sulfur Spring's campground. This place was near the mouth of Copeland Creek on the French Broad River about fifteen miles northeast of Dandridge, near the road that leads to Greenville. It was built in 1820, and it was always a well attended event. Reed was about 47, Mary was 45, and Jacob was 6. Orlena, now married was 17.

Some campground were built in the woods. Trees were cut down to make a clearing, and then the logs were hewn flat on top and arranged into parallel rows to form pews. The preacher's platform was built on stilts; thus raising it above the audience that numbered sometimes two or three thousands. The campers pitched their tents, around the clearing. The wagons were parked behind the tents and the teams behind the wagons.

Camp meetings were great affairs in the lives of Methodists. Typically meetings lasted from Friday to Monday. The family loaded their wagons with prepared food and supplies, enough to last the four days, and traveled the twenty-five miles to the campground at Sulfur Springs. The trip may have taken five or more hours. Campers consumed coffee or tea, and pre-prepared bread and cold meat: chicken, beef, and pork. Women free from the daily grind of housework gathered to discuss child bearing, child rearing, and gossip. They exchange recipes, and recalled humorous events in there daily lives. Men gathered to brag about hunting success, to discuss crops, weather, politics and gossip, and to recall humorous events in their daily lives. Children made new friends and learned new games. Teenagers met members of the opposite sex.

But these people were there for serious religious experience. Services were held several times during the day and in the evening. Campfires in front of the tents and torches hung on surrounding trees provided lighting for the evening services. The audience would rise and sing hymns. The pacing, shouting preachers performing in the shadowy, flickering light gave the gathering an eerie, medieval appearance. They preached for obeying God's commandments and keeping the Sabbath, for honesty and good behavior. They preached against tobacco, blasphemy, card playing, gambling, dueling, wearing of jewelry and ruffles, whiskey, slavery, and over charging. One preacher, who sweated profusely, was seen to pause, remove his glasses, and while mopping sweat from his face and eyes shout, glory - glory! The audience also shouted: a-man, praise God, help God. glory to Jesus, send the power Lord, glory hallelujah. When Mary and Reed were formally accepted into the church, they sat in front near the preacher's podium and their names were added to the Methodist roll.

John Eudaly remembered helping Dudley and Reed build a campground at Shady Grove in 1834.
John said, "now about the close of 1839 nothing of importance transpired only the western fever began to increase Reed Cox sold out his persesion for moving ---". Reed placed this notice in "Brownlow's Tennessee Whig", a Knoxville Newspaper. It ran from 15 Sept 1839 to 6 Feb 1840.

"NOTICE. REED COX, LIVING on the stage road, or in sight thereof, five miles west of Newmarket, in Jefferson County, takes this method at informing the public generally, that he wishes to dispose of a Valuable Tract of LAND, Consisting of 600 ACRES.  The rise of Two Hundred Acres of which is Cleared; having a quantity of fine timber thereon, a Saw and Grist-Mill, and tan-yard The whole being rich and well watered.
Terms made known on application.
Aug. 1839 -15 1f."

Reed sold his "persesion" to William Brazelton. (See Warranty Deeds - Jefferson County, Tenn, Vol V pp 190-192.) "...this nineteenth day of March in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fourty ... Reed Cox for and in consideration of the sum of ten thousand dollars to him in hand paid by ... William Brazelton ... doth grant bargain sale and convey unto the said Wm Brazelton his heirs and assigns forever ... a certain tract ... of land lying ... on the north side of Bays Mountain and waters of Beaver Creek ... Beginning at a rock on the bank of Beaver Creek - mark: W.B. ... thence South fifty five degrees west sixty four poles- to two rocks. Thence south two hundred and seventy two poles to a large White Oak on the edge of a deep sink thence North sixty nine east three hundred and two poles to the west bank of Beaver Creek thence north eighty two east crossing said creek seventy eight poles to a rock ... thence south thirty four east forty four and a half poles to a hackberry and rock thence south eighty two degrees fifteen minutes east seventy poles to a rock near a thorn bush in Hatcher's line thence north with Hatcher's line sixty eight poles to a stake thence east twenty five poles to a large post oak thence north seventeen poles to a post oak thence east sixty three poles to a post oak and rock...". John Eudaly was a witness. The property was probably on both the north and south sides of the stage road to Knoxville with Beaver Creek running through to "well water" it.

Reed's "Valuable Tract of LAND" can be located on the 1836 map of Jefferson County. The map shows one mill on Beaver Creek, and it is located near the road to Knoxville. The stage road west from Newmarket shown on the 1836 map and the present time Old AJ Hi way correspond closely. The archivist at the courthouse in Dandridge said: they did not know where the old stagecoach road through Jefferson County was, but he thought when one is on the Old AJ Hi way (Andrew Johnson) one is on or near it. I drove the Old AJ Hi way road west out of Newmarket. At mile five I was at the bridge on Beaver Creek.

A tannery used lots of water, so Reed's tan-yard was located on the bank of Beaver Creek. Tan vats were sunk into the ground and flush with the surface. Here the hides of cow, ox, horse, deer and swine were made into leather, which was used to make shoes, high boots, aprons, harness, carriage tops and curtains, and saddles. Buckskin for clothes was made from deerskin.

Reed in his "Notice" directed interested parties to his home. He stated he was "living on the stage road, or in sight thereof", but his home was probably not close to the tan yard. For a tan yard stank to high heaven. Here fresh hides were trimmed of worthless ends, soaked in water to soften them, scrapped clean of fat and tissue - hair and epidermis. After the hides were hauled to the creek and washed well, they were soaked for several months in vats of tannic acid, which was made from Black Oak bark. A farther soaking for up to a year in vats of alternate layers of hides and bark flooded with water completed the tanning process. Here from time to time the hides were turned using a pole with a hook on it. The tanner knew by "feel" when it was time to haul the hides to the creek for washing and hanging out to dry. The dry, tanned hides were soaked, scraped and washed again. A farther soaking in an alum solution prepared the hides for the currying process, which made the leather soft, pliable and gave a good surface finish. A coat of tallow and neats foot oil was beaten in with a mallet. After drying, the leather was softened by beating, stomping, and rubbing.

Dudley C. and James, Reed's Sons, probably worked in the tannery, since as adults they were involved in the tanning and leather business.

In 1840 Reed's household consisted of: 1m & 1f age 50-60, 1m age 20-30, 1m age 10-25, 2f age 15-20, 1m age 5-10. Mary was 53. Reed was about 55. Orlena had married in 1832 and Dudley C in 1836. Jacob was 14. James was 10. There is one male age 20-30 and 2 females age 15-20 unaccounted for.

A primary reason some migrated west was to give their children an opportunity to become part of a new country. Reed, Mary and at least some, if not, all of their children migrated to Missouri. See "The Journal of John Eudaly" where much is written about Reed Cox, but unfortunately little about his family

1. For material related to the settlement of the estate of Dudley Cox see " Records of the State of Tennessee, Jefferson Co.". Located in the State Library and Archives, Nashville TN.
2. For material related to the suit Neal v Reed and William see "Reports-Supreme Court of Errors and Appeals, of the state of Tennessee, September Term 1822 - May Term 1824." Located in the State Library and Archives, Nashville TN.
3. "Shiloh, The Mother of Preachers", Privately owned, Jerry Cox has Zerox copy.
4. "The Narrative of John Eudaly", published in the Poplar Bluff Mo. newspaper "The Daily American Republic" on July 19, July 31, Sept 17, 1969. Also see 31/2" floppy disk.
5. Obituary for Mary (Cooper) Cox in the "ST Louis Christian Advocate", Copies in the St Louis Public Library.
6. Regimental Histories of the Tennessee Units During the war of 1812.
7. J.E. Godbey, D. D., "Pioneer Methodism in Missouri".
8. Charles A. Johnson, " The Frontier Camp Meeting".
9. Frances Les McCurdy, "Stump, Bar, and Pulpit".
10. Charles W. Ferguson, "Organizing to Beat the Devil".
11. For note on tanning see Edwin Tunis, "Colonial Craftsman and the beginnings of American Industry."

William Cox

RESEARCHER: Information sent to T.Mason on 30 Mar 2005 by Jerome Cox. "The will of William Cox Sr. written 19 Dec 1804 is two pages of legal size paper.

The names on the will are:
item 1. wife Mary
" 2. dau Mary Gulls
" 3. dau Elizabeth Jones
" 4. son Dudley
" 5. sons William and Reed
" 6. son William
" 7. son Reed
" 8. son Hopkins
" 9. son James
" 10. dau Leannah"