Terry Mason's Family History Site

Major lines: Allen, Beck, Borden, Buck, Burden, Carpenter, Carper, Cobb, Cook, Cornell, Cowan, Daffron, Davis, Downing, Faubion, Fauntleroy, Fenter, Fishback, Foulks, Gray, Harris, Heimbach, Henn, Holland, Holtzclaw, Jackson, Jameson, Johnson, Jones, King, Lewis, Mason, Massengill, McAnnally, Moore, Morgan, Overstreet, Price, Peck, Rice, Richardson, Rogers, Samuel, Smith, Taylor, Thomas, Wade, Warren, Weeks, Webb, Wodell, Yeiser.


Descendants of Francis de Bourdon


4299. Roxey Ellen Banta

MARSHALL's "Desc. KEITH & BORDEN," p. 77

4300. George Washington Banta

MARSHALL's "Desc. KEITH & BORDEN," p. 77

4310. George W. J. Campbell

Information from Lurah Sinclair to T.Mason on 31 Dec 2008. "More specific information on my gg grandfather George W Campbell. Apparently at some point he used the initial J also, sometimes before the G, sometimes after. But I have been able to finally find a death record for him from the funeral home that took care of him. This is what I got:G J Campbell b. 03 Sep 1857 Texas d. 01 Jun 1936 Antlers, Pushmataha Co., Oklahoma. Buried: 02 June 1936 Antlers Cemetery, Antlers, Pushmataha Co., Oklahoma. The person who signed with what little info was on the record was a Mrs. Baker,who nobody seems to know who she is.

RESEARCHER: Information sent to T.Mason on 19 Dec 2005 by Charlene Sinclair of Ware, MA. "Info from my great uncle's wife indicates George is suppose to be buried in Antlers, Oklahoma but I have not found his burial site yet. George W Campbell was married only once. He married Melvina C Campbell Spicer, a widow, born in Arkansas with a maiden name the same as his. She had several kids from her first marriage with a Henry Spicer who died early 1883 and she married George some time that same year 1883 in Ok., haven't found the exact date yet. She only had one son with George and that was Jesse George Campbell. I don't know much about George except my great uncle said that he went to one of those Runs they had for land in Oklahoma. His son Jesse had 12 children."

4315. Nancy Campbell

MARSHALL's "Desc. KEITH & BORDEN," p. 78

4318. Calvin Ira Kinman

Erath Co., TX, Marriage Book C, p. 35
MARSHALL's "Desc. KEITH & BORDEN," p. 78

4320. Joel L. Kinman

Erath Co., TX, Marriage Book D, p. 4
MARSHALL's "Desc. KEITH & BORDEN," p. 78

4324. Mary Elizabeth Marshall

HYPERLINK: [ http://www.cemeteries-of-tx.com/Etx/Hopkins/cemetery/CumbyJT.htm ] "Obit - Cox, one of the oldest residents of Cumby, died last Saturday while visiting her daughter, Mrs. Kerby, at Greenville. She went there just two weeks before in apparently good health. She was brought to Cumby Sunday where the funeral services were conducted by Bro. Barrett, her pastor, after which the remains were placed in the City (Cumby) cemetery. Several sons and daughters survive her. She was born 1833 in Tennessee and has lived in Texas over sixty years. (S. S. Gazette, Fri., June 17, 1910, Cumby column dated June 15th)"

Frederick Edward Cox

WorldConnect notes by Carrie Lippincott.

Clipping from paper printed at Greenville, Texas, Friday April 1904
(1831 to 1904 - - 74 years)
Obituary of Frederick Edward Cox, Cumby, Texas, Killed on Saturday, April 8, 1904
Friends and relatives surrounding Greenville, Texas, heard with pain, sorrow, and regret of the sudden and violent death of Mr. Fred Cox, of Cumby. Mr. Cox had driven over to Commerce on Saturday, April 8th, and was returning in the afternoon, driving a spirited animal. As he neared town, the horse, which had been trying to run for sometime, got beyond control and dashed maddly (sic) toward the business section. In turning the corner at Deloach's residence the buggy was overturned and Mr. Cox was thrown some distance, striking with his right side against the hub of a wagon wheel. Several ribs were broken and crushed in and he was otherwise bruised. The unconscious man was picked up and carried in at Mr. Deloach's, were he died at 12 Saturday night. On regaining consciousness he told how the accident happened and expressed the belief that he would recover, not thinking that his injuries were serious. At his request, Mrs. Cox was not notified of the accident for some time and only reached the bedside a couple of hours before his death.
Mr. Cox was a pioneer citizen of Texas, settling in Eastern Hunt county about the year 1852, immigrating from England, while yet a young man, 22 years of age. He and his brother Ed Cox who died near the present town of Neyland many years ago, were well and favorably known to old settlers. Both were engaged largely in the stock business in an early day, Fred Cox then residing about three miles northeast of the present town of Campbell. About the year 1883 he moved to Cumby, then Black Jack Grove, a name he always insisted on giving a town. Prior to his residence in the town, he was associated in business for a short time with Wilson Green, retiring from the firm to continue farming and stock raising, in which he was eminently successful. He was 74 years of age, vigorous and active. And often expressed the belief that he would live to be a hundred. In his more than fifty years of residence in Hunt County, he had accumulated considerable wealth, owning stock in various financial and industrial enterprises as well as farm and pasture lands. He had the characteristic sturdiness and energy of the English and withal was an elegant and educated gentleman.
About the year 1856 he married Miss Mary Marshall, a sister to the wife of his brother, Ed Cox, and also of Newt Marshall now living in Commerce. Eight children were born of them, of whom six survive. These are Ed Cox, living near Twin Oaks in Hunt County, Miss Annie Cox still at home; another daughter living near, Elizabeth (Mrs. Hershel Kerley) and Alice (Mrs. Deed King) of Boswell, Oklahoma. Jack Cox living in Jack County, and Judge Cox, living in Oklahoma. Emma Cox-Denton, preceded him in death in 1903 and Arthur Cox died when a young man, 21 years of age. Only Ed and the two daughters attended the funeral, owing to the suddenness of his death and their inability to reach home in time.
Funeral services were conducted in the Methodist Church in Cumby, Sunday afternoon, the building proving much too small to accommodate the large concourse of sorrowing friends and acquaintances. Burial was in the beautiful cemetery of the town and here the concourse was the largest ever seen at a burial occasion in Cumby.
The aged wife was unable to attend the obsequies, on account of feebleness and the shock caused by his sudden and unexpected death. Mr. Cox was an enthusiast on the subject of fine stock and like most Englishmen doted on high headed horses. The animal that caused his death was purchased at the Dallas Fair and was so spirited that friends had often warned him of danger, but he dismissed the suggestion with a laugh. His loss will be felt in the community and mourned by those who loved him best-the wife and children. For those there is universal and heartfelt sympathy.
Transcribed by Carrie Lippincott August 11, 2002

4350. William Flavius Josephus Hightower

DESCENDANTS-NAME-BIRTH-DEATH: Information sent to T.Mason on 3 Dec 2006 by Linda Morris. "I am the great great great granddaughter of Nancy Keith Hightower. My grandmother was Alta Blanche Hightower, daughter of Nancy's son, William Flavius Josephus. WFJ belonged to Woodmen of the World and Maccabees - fraternal organizations at Mt. Vernon. His tombstone at Providence was a Woodmen stone. He was was called Bill."

Artemis Elizabeth Sofia (Bettie) Draper

NAME-BIRTH-DEATH: Information sent to T.Mason on 3 Dec 2006 by Linda Morris. "She was known as Bettie. As a small child she like to call herself Artemis Elizabeth Sofia Dorcas Mary Ann Eliza.. "

7269. Eugene Prentiss Hightower

NAME-BIRTH-DEATH: Information sent to T.Mason on 3 Dec 2006 by Linda Morris. "Called Prentiss - owned Harper & Hightower Dry Goods in Mt. Vernon. Never married."

7272. James Sherman Hightower

NAME-BIRTH-DEATH: Information sent to T.Mason on 3 Dec 2006 by Linda Morris. "Uncle Sherman never married. He lived with Blanche and her family for most of his adult life. He graduated from Franklin Institute, Mt. Vernon, in 1906. He played the violin beautifully. On a visit to family in west Texas he died and was buried in the cemetery there."